Sunday 8 June 2014

Without mum day two

I get it that a lot of people ( normally classmates and friends) call me aunty or 'ah sam', okay, who started it?! Got so used to it and eventually approved it hahaha. So today I did what most aunties do, go to the wet market (pasar pagi).

If I have a choice I would have chose Jusco or Cold Storage for grocery shopping, sadly, I HAVE NO IDEA how to choose the perfect vegetable or fruit. So I'll just leave it to my grandma.

Thank goodness no one I knew bumped into me this morning, my attire was a disaster, and I probably looked like a real aunty. Some vendors actually thought that I'm my grandma's daughter. Okay, that's not funny at all, I'm seventeen!  Actually 'aunty' is a part of Manglish, it doesn't exist in dictionaries, just FYI.

Shopping list:
Broccoli (my favorite vegetable and Australian ones taste way better than China ones) Well yes  dream to be some food critic or expert so I'm very particular about these stuff. 

Chicken Breast
Mushroom
Lettuce
Strawberries 
Jambu(malay)
Golden yellow kind of pair (I hate hate hate green pears)

I was really happy until it came to slicing the chicken breasts. I just can't imagine how the chicken died 'koking'. Manglish sounds so wrong.


This is so sad. Sorry chick, will try to not eat chicken.

I can feel the tendons when slicing the meat. Not a good feeling. Shucks.

So Vivian my neighbour came over and we cooked lunch together. Yay and this was the outcome. Looks simple but the chicken was really risky, I mean hard to perfect it. 

The chicken looks so pale so we added tons of flavoring sauces and seasonings. 
Cooking level: Beginner class




As for marinating I just tossed whatever I had with the chicken. It's plainly those Chinese sauces, vinegar (overpoured) and garlic. It turned out okay though.


This sexy lady took over my kitchen.





Outcome: Buriotos with Chicken breasts fillings with tons of sauces, cheese, herb lettuce and more seasonings. I relied too much on seasonings though, especially Japanese ones, they are way too awesome.



           Before throwing them into the oven. Okay, throw is a bit harsh well just whatever.

Obviously wrongly focused.




Yummy broccoli and mushroom bits. I like my broccoli cut into huge chunks and not too soft. have to admit I wrongly cut the mushrooms. Ugh.





I know my food is getting cold.
But I just can't help snapping them.


By the way if you are interested in cooking or something, I used Mark&Spencer Puttensca pasta sauce which is very rich in tomato and olives. Yes you can find mini olives inside the sauce, and it's way better than Prego's. Food lovers should really try out the Mark&Spencer food products located deep within the clothes section.

Really in love with this cute pasta, and we didn't overcook it, managed to maintain they chewy texture. (Tip: Boil water first then only add pasta into it, not the opposite way which may result it soggy pasta)




The bottle is something like this. Can't wait to try this sauce!
Original price was Rm 17.90 but I got two bottles for a lower price due to weekend sale.




Herbs on my pasta, and also flat- leaf parsley, curly parsley like the ones for decorations on dishes has no strong taste, and that green hollow vegetable, no idea what that is, just happened to found it in the fridge haha.










Oh, and today Vivian gave me a prophecy. It's a secret but it really touched me. Then we brought my neighbor, whom is her cousin who lives next door to me while Vivian lives two streets away, okay complicated explanation hahaha. His name is Joshua and Vivian loves, yes she LOVES calling him shuai ge shuai ge shuai ge and those cute baby languanges which she probably made it up herself hahaha. So we went for a stroll.

lady-killer for sure





The babysitter






His plump cheeks. Irresistable.




Bites finger*



He actually fell asleep with his finger still inside his mouth. So cute!








We just fled from jail.








*Face hidden for viewer's safety purposes*

This is why: killer Blogilates.



And after that, you don't wanna know what happened. We had fun though hahaha.

Toodles.








No comments:

Post a Comment